Monday, September 22, 2008

September Teapot



I finished the September teapot the other evening, except I just noticed I forgot to give the worm (handle) his eyes and glasses, so a bit more backstitching is needed there.


I used the recommended floss brands and colors, but the apple looks a bit dark to me, and the letters on it are hard to read. I will have to think about pulling out the red stitches and replacing them with a lighter shade of red. But that's a lot of work. I will have to think on it for a bit.

2 comments:

riona said...

I'd try living with it for awhile ... since it would be an awful lot of work pulling out the red in the apple ... would it be simplet to frog the letters instead and restitch them in a floss that offered greater contrast?

I am guessing that the dyelot used by the designer or model stitcher was a lighter red than you purchased and used. I have noticed really wide variations in some WDW and GAST shades. Recently I pulled some WDW Whiskey from my stash for a project and I had skeins varying from a fairly bright amber gold to a much more subdued golden brown ... choosing one variation over another makes a big difference in the finished project.

Dawn B. said...

The Apple does olook a bit dark but still cute.