Monday, September 08, 2008

Chicago Germanfest Weekend

This past weekend was the annual German Fest and Von Steuben Parade in Chicago. Unfortunately I didn't have as much time to spend at the Fest as I would have liked, I was busy cleaning and setting up the classrooms at German School. I did manage to spend the greater part of Sunday at the Fest. No time for stitching, either.

The children's group, youth group and adult folk dance group all performed on Sunday afternoon and did a fabulous job! The little ones were too cute and delighted the audience. The youth group amazed everyone with their intricate footwork and precision, and the adults, well, they had fun and actually remembered the dances. A good time was had by all.

The volunteers in our organization's food booth and beer tent were kept busy all weekend. I believe Saturday evening, they went through over 160 barrels of beer in our tent alone! (thank you Viki for that correction) I don't have the numbers yet on how many bratwurst were grilled and sold, but I remember being told that 1800 lbs of potato salad was made for our food both. That's a lot of potatoes!

1 comment:

Viki said...

Um, try over 160 barrels on Saturday. Yeah, the bar was a little crazy. :-)