Wednesday, December 26, 2018

This Year's Ornaments

It has been my tradition to give each of my children and grandchildren an ornament each year.  It began before there were any grandchildren with purchased Hallmark Ornaments, but soon turned into stitched ornaments.  This year's ornaments are snowflakes on canvas, finished inside mason jar rings.




A friend asked how I finished the ornament, so here is a picture of the back.  Since the ornaments were stitched on canvas, I just cut them out into a round circle, glued them to the inside of the lid with white glue, then ran a bead of E6000 blue all along the edge and pushed it into the ring.  Probably the easiest ornament finish I have ever done!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Thats a great idea to use Mason jar lids! They are all adorable!

Thanks for the idea.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Tina

Robin in Virginia said...

What beautiful snowflakes you created for your children and grandchildren!

Mary said...

Very pretty ornaments that I am sure your children and grandchildren love and appreciate.