Saturday, December 29, 2018

My Oldest WIP

Here it is, my oldest WISP......doesn't look like much, does it?  It is Heirloom Christmas Sampler by Victoria Sampler, started on 3-25-2007.  I am doing it in the red/green colorway.   Why has it been sitting around waiting for me for so long?   Well, I think I needed the scroll bars for something else with a tight deadline, and then I just never got back to it!

My plan is to work on this until the end of the year (not much time!) and then work on it periodically during the year, and hopefully make some good progress on it by the end of the year, or should I dare to dream of it being finished sometime in 2019?

I pulled it out last night, and spent quite a bit of time sorting out all my scroll bars and trying to figure out which length I should put these one.  I also read the instructions again.  Today was rather busy, but I did read some more, then pulled out a bunch of stitches and stitched for about 30 minutes.....not much, but it is progress......

Please be my cheering section on this one and keep me motivated to get a good chunk of it done!

2 comments:

Lorie said...

I bought both the red and the pink thread kit and have never touched them. Maybe I will pull this out and start it also! Just 10-15 minutes of stitching a day would really add up over the course of a year. I need to go find mine now- not sure if I bought fabric. What fabric are you using?

Rebecca said...

This is going to be so pretty, I have looked at this pattern many times but never picked it up. I will be cheering you on! ;)
Rebecca in PA