Monday, December 24, 2018

Happy Christmas Eve

Happy Christmas Eve!  Today I show you my tree.  I need to add more ornaments if I have time.  All the ornaments are stitched or otherwise handmade by myself or friends and relatives.  When I was younger and had more energy and teenagers at home to help, I used to put up lots more trees, but old age has crept in, and I barely have enough energy to do one tree now!  

Every year I vow to get me tree up earlier in the season, and every year I don't get it finished until right before Christmas Eve.  This is an old German Tradition, the tree is usually revealed to the children in the evening on Christmas Eve.  This was the practice all throughout my childhood, so perhaps that is why I wait so long!

Merry Christmas to one and all!

2 comments:

Honeybee said...

Your tree is beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Lynn said...

Beautiful tree Eva, hope you had a great day with your family!