Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Summer Needlework Tour - Day 2 continued


After leaving Mount Horab, we headed to Spring Green to visit the Country Sampler. I had heard lots of great things about this shop and wanted to visit in person.



 Sadly, I was not impressed at all.  The shop is a mixture of fabric for quilting, cross stitch and home décor,  I think.  It is cramped and things are not displayed, but put in crates that you have to flip through.  The two ladies working there were not friendly at all.  One was on the phone the entire time we were there, and the other peeked out of a back room at some point and asked if we needed help.  Definitely not welcoming at all.  My shopping list had lots of perle cottons and Kreiniks listed.  The lady didn't know what Kreinik was at all.  They only carry 6 strand DMC, some overdyed fibres, and high count linen.  The charts are all privatives and samplers.  Although I do stitch those, they weren't  displayed well. Add to that the feeling of not being welcome, I left without purchasing anything.  I don't think this has ever happened to me before.  

No comments: