Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Part 2 is Done!

Part 2 didn't take as long as part one.  Love how this is turning out, love the floss colors, but not really happy with the quality of the floss.  I am using Valdani floss that I purchased as a set of 12 colors, originally intended for a fall quaker.  It came as little balls of 3 stranded cotton floss, and since I am stitching 1 strand over 1 fabric thread on 25 count, it made sense. 

Well, on the first section, the burgundy colored floss knotted a lot, and I do mean a lot!  On the second band, it just kept shredding!  I changed needles in case the eye of the needle wasn't smooth enough, I then changed the size of the needle to open up the fabric a little more so the floss didn't rub against the fibres in the fabric, but nothing seemed to help.  I did use shorter lengths of floss than normal, but it still kept shredding.  We will see what happens with the third color.....

2 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Nice progress! That's too bad about the floss. I have some Valdani in my stash, but I haven't stitched with it yet.

Astrids dragon said...

Sorry you’re having a difficult time with the floss, but so far so good!