Saturday, January 03, 2009

A Great Stitchy Day!


I woke up a bit late this morning, didn't hear the alarm, but I hurried to get going. I picked up my sister and off we went to Crystal Lake, IL, to Welcome Stitchery to meet up with some other stitchers and shop! We met up with Denise and Renae. Welcome Stitchery is a great shop, and carries lots of things that any stitcher could need or want. I picked up some floss to send to Lesley in Australia, and some to send to my sister-in-law in North Carolina. I ordered a frame for my sister-in-law also, and fabric for myself for Flower Power because they didn't have a big enough piece in the store. I also chose some fabric for Michelle, who had e-mailed Denise looking for a specific color. Michelle will have to call the shop and order the correct size and count, but at least we found the color she was searching for, and since she lives in Kentucky, it was too hard for her to do it in person.

I also picked up a few charts that I had been wanting, and some fabric for other projects.

After shopping, Denise and Trudi and I walked around the corner to Finn McCool's for lunch. They have great burgers. We enjoyed inspecting all the purchases that were made and caught up on what we have been stitching.

After lunch, Trudi and I headed back to Des Plaines to meet up with some EGA members for a stitching day. The rest of them had been there since 9:30 am! We stitched until 5 and I even got a chance to renew my library card!

It was a great stitchy day!

4 comments:

Laura said...

What a perfect day!!!!! My Mom and I went to Welcome Stitchery for the first time last Monday!!! Wow!!! It is the most fabulous shop! We spent hours in there going round and round the shop floor looking at everything. I will have to take a picture of my stash and post it on my blog! There is also a great fabric store in town too. Can't wait to go back!

Daffycat said...

What a nice day out!

Cindy F. said...

Ahhh...the perfect day:) so glad you got to have so much fun with friends!!

Irene said...

Wow Eva, I am green with envy here. Welcome Stitchery was one of the highlights of my Chicago visit. Its like Aladins Cave & total bliss for a UK'er.