Sunday, November 16, 2008

Saturday Evening Concert


Saturday evening, John and I went to a choral concert. My daughter, Viki, sings with the Chicago Chamber Choir, and they had their fall concerts this weekend.
Although I try to attend every concert my children are involved in, I was originally excused from this concert. That is until Viki was chosen to do a major solo. So, this nice Catholic girl and the nice Lutheran boy went to a concert of Jewish music.
Dinner before the concert was great, the concert was wonderful, and Viki was amazing! Okay, you are going to tell me I am a bit biased, but after the concert, two different people with very heavy accents came up to her to tell her how wonderful she was, and that her Hebrew was excellent! Both of these people were from Israel, so I think they would know. Countless others stopped to compliment her on her solo. I was very proud, I paid for those voice lessons in high school!

5 comments:

Marion said...

Wow!! You must be so proud of your daughter!!!
What a great way to spend an evening!
Take care
Marion
(in Windy Nova Scotia)

Cindy F. said...

How exciting! I can feel your pride:) I can only imagine, but I'm sure she was incredible!

Daffycat said...

That is wonderful. Congratulations!

KIM said...

It sounds like it was a great concert!

Viki said...

Thanks mom. :-)