Thursday, November 03, 2016

....and I Made Even More Jam......

I found a recipe for Christmas Jam, and really needed to make some.  Then I read the recipe.  It called for 5 lbs. of sugar!  Surely that was a type-o and they meant 5 cups?  I e-mailed the blog author and she confirmed that it was indeed 5 lbs.......yikes!  But....she mentioned that someone else had made the jam using low sugar pectin and much less sugar, so I decided to give it a try after all.  I used 48 oz. of frozen strawberries, 1 lb. of frozen cranberries, 2 boxes of low sugar pectin, and 5 cups of sugar.  After defrosting the berries, I chopped them in the food processor, and left them a bit chunky.  My taste tester liked it!  So.....I will have to make some more!

2 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Ooh, that sounds good! Glad you made it less sweet.

Anonymous said...

Hi Eva,

I'm leaving a comment because I wanted to try to!!

It was great to see you at Stitch Mania. You certainly made Judy laugh!! I hope she knows how to send pictures, and she can send us one when she finishes that darned hamburger.

Hope you're having a good day.

Now I'm going to try and send this!! - Donna Bowers