Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Back from the Framer


Went to Welcome Stitchery recently to pick up the three pieces I had framed during their May framing sale.  The first one is a Needle Treasures kit, called A Season and A Time, that was stitched on 32 count Lugana, Milk Chocolate, hand dyed by Stephanie. 
 The second one is the original Home of a Needleworker by Little House Needleworks.  I kitted this one up when it first came out (almost 10 years ago!)  I don't know why I kitted it up with 25 count antique white Lugana, but I did, so I stitched it with one strand of the suggested floss over one fabric thread. I love how it came out!
The third piece is Heart of America, also by Little House Needleworks.  It is stitched on 28 count linen (whatever was suggested) and the Crescent Colorworks floss that was included in the kit.  I didn't do this on a different count fabric because of the buttons... I love it, but do wish it wasn't quite so big (I ran out of wall space a long time ago).

In case you are wondering.....I chose the same frame for all three pieces....I don't know why, I just liked it the best for each piece.....

3 comments:

karmyl said...

Beautifully done! I have the two LHNs in my "to-do" pile.

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful framed pieces! I love the molding you selected for the trio.

Honeybee said...

Lovely pieces!