Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Finished Finish

Hey there, blogging buddies!  Some of you might remember seeing this piece when I stitched it last January.  I had intended to finish it as a flat fold for my friend Marguerite's birthday in May......I got the fabric for the back, and the perle cotton for the chording, and the mat boards to mount it on.....and I figured I had time. 

I woke of Tuesday morning, and panicked!  Tuesday was Marguerite's birthday and I was going to be seeing her that evening for dinner and our EGA meeting, and I hadn't done a thing about the finishing of the flat fold!

I gathered all my materials and supplies, and started 'finishing'!  I did really well until the perle cotton got all tangled as I pulled it off the skein....took an hour to untangle it all, but it got done....I layed it ever so carefully on the back seat so that the glue holding on the chording could dry on my drive, and then shoved it in a gift bag as I got to my destination. 

Happy Birthday, again, Marguerite!

3 comments:

Barb said...

That is a nice piece. Great job on it.

Tiffstitch said...

The best laid plans... I did the same with a gift due in April.

Marguerite said...

It was a lovely gift! Thanks so much!