Friday, March 08, 2013

Wanna hear about my last cruise?


In January of 2012 I was privledge to help Sue Hillis with her Western Caribbean Cruise.  I never blogged about it, so now that I am sick of looking at snow, it seemed like as good as time as any to remember the sunny carribean. 
 
I had trouble getting out of Chicago the day before the cruise.  A snow storm threatened to cause havoc with my travel plans.  I was able to get on a flight that was probably the last one of of O'Hare that day, and finally got to Fr. Lauderdale about  hours later than originally scheduled.   

Before the cruise, many stitchers met at Embassy Suites hotel for dinner in Fort Lauderdale and some shopping at the boutique set up by the Golden Needle.  It was great to see some old friends and start getting acquainted with new ones!

The next morning, we boarded busses and drove to the harbor to board our ship, the Crown Princess.

 
After muster (life boat drill and instructions) we met at the bar on the upper deck and sailed into the sunset…..

 



 

After a yummy dinner with all of our cruisers and their guests, Sue and Eva headed off to the stateroom to finish up the kits that would be needed for the next day’s classes.

No comments: