Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Question about Comments and a Pinterest Dilemma

I was doing a Google search the other day, and ended up on a Pinterest page where I found a good number of my finishes pinned.  I should mention that the person who pinned them is a follower of my blog, and my blog URL was listed on each pin, but I am not really sure how I feel about this.

I am kind of new to Pinterest, and haven't figured out how all of it works yet.  I didn't even know you could "pin" things you found elsewhere to your pinterest board! 

I am flattered that someone liked my stitching or the pieces that I stitched enough to "pin" them so that they can refer back to them, but the person who pinned them did not comment on any of the blog posts.  While I know that many of us are very busy and are unable to comment on every blog post that we read, but it is nice to read some comments of encouragement or praise. 

I do want to take a moment to thank each and everyone of you that visits my blog, and especially thank those who do take the time to comment.  I just ask that if you like something enough to "pin" it, please also leave a comment.

5 comments:

CJ in OK ;-) said...

The nice thing (or not) about Pinterest is that it will point back to your blog. I mostly only repin things found on Pinterest but have pinned a few things from designer websites too. CJ in OK

Unknown said...

I'm not sure how I'd feel about it, either. I don't do pinterest, so don't know much about it.
But, I think it would be nice to check if it was okay to add your picture...

Pam in IL said...

Guess I haven't gotten that *pinterest bug* that others have, because I've only wandered around pinterest a little bit. At least you were given credit for the pinnings. I've heard others haven't been so lucky.

Melody said...

I have found some of my finished stitching on Pinterest as well. I was surprised. I guess I felt a little flattered that someone liked it enough to pin it. But credit should be acknowledged to the stitcher.

Astrids dragon said...

I'm on pinterest, but have only pinned my own stuff, pieces I'd like to stitch, or freebies I've found. They should have asked you first since it was your work, but at least you did get the credit when it went back to your blog.