Monday, December 28, 2009

On The First Day of Christmas.....

The family tradition while I was growing up was that the Christmas Tree did not appear until Christmas Eve. Working for the Catholic Church also causes me to observe Advent, and not do too much decorating until Christmas Eve. In past years, when I put up lots of trees, I did start earlier, but in recent years, I only put up three. Perhaps one day (in my retirement) I will start putting up trees in November and have them all put up by Christmas, but not in the near future.

The tree pictured is the tree in my family room. Only handmade ornaments are allowed on this tree. I usually spend the time between Christmas and New Years, as well as the first few weeks of January stitching ornaments that will be used as gifts for next Christmas.

In the next 11 posts, I will show you some ornaments and other stitchy gifts that I received and gave this Christmas.

1 comment:

KIM said...

I love your tree and love your posts. Now if I get my behind to TOL board I too can get in the exchages. Remind me will you?
Tell Trudi BEAUTIFUL ornament!
Kim