Monday, December 22, 2008

Carols by Candlelight


Saturday evening saw me driving down to Lincoln Park (with my parents in tow) for Carols by Candlelight, the annual holiday concert by the Chicago Chamber Choir. Why did I drive all that way in horendous traffic and battle for parking? I did it for my daughter, Viki. She sings with this amazing group of talented singers, and it was certainly worth the trip!

One of the highlights of this concert each year, is the sing-a-long! It gives us not-so-talented people a chance to sing holiday carols, and sound great! The only bad thing about this concert, is that my daughter did not have a solo. I am sure it was an oversight on the artistic director's part, as in my totally unbiased opinion, Viki is the best soprano in the group.

If you are in the Chicago or Rockford area, please mark your calendars for the spring concert, Water Music: The Currents of Life. You will not be dissappointed!

No comments: