Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stitching Shop in Memphis

Before I left Memphis, I wanted to visit a Local Needlework Shop (LNS), and found one not too far away from my hotel.

Stitcher's Inc. was a bit out of the way, tucked away behind other offices, but with the help of my trusty GPS (Gabbie Garmin) I found it without too much trouble.


The shop carries both counted cross stitch and needlepoint, and has lots of lovely things to look at. The ladies in the shop were very friendly and helpful.










I spent some time browsing the racks of charts and models on the wall. I had forgotten to print out a shopping list, but remembered a few things on it. Unfortunately, they were out of stock on the charts I was considering for the Secret Sister exchange.


I wanted to kit up the chart pictured here for another exchange and I also needed some 28 count blue fabric. Unfortunately, they don't cut fabric smaller than a fat quarter, and had mostly hand dyed fabric. I managed to get a fat quarter of a blue I liked for myself, and the chart and floss for the exchange. I will find some fabric for it at a later date.







No comments: