Tuesday, August 16, 2011

34th Anniversary of the Passing of the King

On my recent trip to Branson, I made a slight detour and stopped in Memphis. On my list of things to do in Memphis was a tour of Graceland.

It is fitting that I post these photos today, which is the 34th Anniversary of Elvis Presley's passing.










The grounds are lovely, and the approach is impressive when you drive up to the house.


The house is smaller than I expected but I was happy to take the tour. The living room and music room beyond are directly to your right when you enter the front door.



The dining room is on the left. I was surprised that Elvis had the same china pattern that I do, a simple white on white design with a silver rim.











In the back of the house is the famous Jungle room.







This is a view of the back of the house from the yard, which is large enough to have a fenced padock for horses.













There is an inviting swimming pool at the side of the house. It was so hot that day, I truly wish I could have taken a dip in the pool!













Beyond the pool was the memorial garden, which is Elvis' final resting place.


RIP Elvis.












1 comment:

Denise said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures.I am a big fan of Elvis and have never been to see his place. Some day, maybe!
Denise