Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Crazy January Challenge Day 19

On Day 19 I started and finished another Hinzeit Mini Block, this time it was Camping.  My sister-in-law started stitching this one many years ago, and found the evenweave fabric too difficult, and then restarted it on aida, but had trouble with her eyes so she gave it to me to finish.  I detest stitching on aida, and there was enough of the evenweave after cutting off the part that was stitched, so I chose to use that.  There weren't enough threads to do the project, and I didn't want to go out and buy more, so I found some in my stash that would work and started stitching.  Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, the charms were lost, so I call my LNS and ordered another chart with the charms and will attach those once they get here.  I already have the frame for it, so we are good to go!

3 comments:

Sherry said...

What a sweet finish! I have tried linen and evenweaves but I just can't stitch on them. I end up getting headaches or even migrains. I learned on Aida and to this day I still stitch on it. I tried to switch but why fight it!

Emma/Itzy said...

Looks great!

Tiffstitch said...

Congrats on another finish!