Thursday, December 09, 2010

A New (to me) LNS


A few Sunday's ago, Marguerite and I ventured out to explore Designer's Desk in Geneva, IL.
This shop was formerly in Bloomingdale, IL, but moved to Geneva. I have heard great things about the shop, but had never been there.
It's a great shop, three floors of a historic house, that is bursting at the seams.
The basement is where all the sale items are, everything is at least 50% off. There were a lot of tempting things there, but I only picked up a chart there.
The main floor is filled with fibres and hand painted canvases. I had a short list of fibres that I needed, and they had three out of the four.
The second floor is counted cross stitch and counted canvas and Mill Hill kits. Lots and lots of tempting goodies, but I held back and didn't give into temptation.....this time!

4 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

Self restraint - you are so good. sounds like you a a nice store there.

Julie said...

Sounds like fun! I was there when they were in Bloomingdale. They always had a great selection and so much to look through!

Jacqui said...

I NEED to visit this shop.

Cindy said...

I don't think that I have ever been to that one, but will have to check it out next time I am over that way. Was there a shop in St. Charles once upon a time that was in a similar kind of house?