Monday, July 22, 2013

IHSW Report

Well, the weekend is over, and I am sure you are wondering how the hermitage went this past weekend.  It was good, but could have been better.  Friday evening, I was too tired to stitch much after I got home from Folk Dance rehearsal, and it was raining and the lights were flickering, so I only stitched for 30 minutes on the new round robin piece that was in the mail that day.

On Saturday, we had a UFO day scheduled in Crystal Lake, and since I am not one to get up early I called Michelle to see if I could ride with her....that way I would have to get my butt in gear and get there before the crack of noon.... We hit the road a few minutes before 8 and were some of the first people there so we got our choice of seats and were merrily stitching away before 9 a.m.  At 11 we headed over to Welcome Stitchery to pick up our framing orders and to peruse the sidewalk sale.  I had forgotten my phone which held my shopping list, so I only got the items that I had preordered and my framing.  We headed over to the Public House for lunch and then to Material Girl for some fat quarters then back to stitching until 4 p.m.  Well, actually there was a lot of reverse stitching going on for most of the afternoon, but there was progress.  Once I got home, I stitch for the better part of the evening and managed to finish the Round Robin piece before I went off to bed.

On Sunday, I really was a hermit and didn't leave the house, I just stitched.  I made really good progress on the Little House Needleworks Mystery Sampler - part 2. 

More stitching would have happened if I didn't go shopping and to lunch on Saturday, but a girl's got to eat!  And more stitching would have happened if I hadn't stopped to take pictures of all the framed items I had just picked up on Sunday, and if I hadn't check out what other neat new projects people were stitching on various facebook stitching groups, but all in all, it was a good weekend.

No comments: