Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Sampler au bouquet part 1

I am participating in a Stitch-a-long with others that are part of a Facebook group that is called Sampler World.  The piece that we are doing this year is called Sampler au bouquet, and I just completed part 1.  there are 2 more parts, and I just received the chart for part 2 from Michelle, so I can start on that soon.  I am stitching it on 40 flax Newcastle, with one thread over two fabric threads.  Although the sampler is charted for DMC, I am using various over dyed fibres, just because.

This is the first time I have ever stitched on 40 count, and I find that I really like working on it!

Check back in a few months to see part 2.

7 comments:

Stress Less said...

This is very pretty. Beautiful stitching.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Part one turned out great, congratulations on that finish. CJ in OK

Unknown said...

Very pretty!

Karen said...

Absolutely gorgeous! 40-ct. scares me.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

It's beautiful! I can't wait to watch it grow. Very nicely done!

riona said...

That's lovely ... and your fiber selection is superb

diamondc said...

Very pretty.
Catherine