Wednesday, June 06, 2018

WIP Wednesday - 2 for the price of 1!


Sigh..... I started this piece on May 25th, but after two solid days of stitching, I discovered that I was using the wrong amount of strands!  (the patches outside of the arched bricks should be done in one strand of floss over 2 fabric threads and I had done them with two strands, which wouldn't give the proper shading to the finished piece so I had to frog two full days of stitching!  I restarted the piece on May 27th, about 1 1/2 weeks ago.  After just a few days here is the WIP as of May 30th.
 
 
 
Here is the same piece on June 6, after 1 1/2 weeks of stitching.  It is coming along nicely! 
 
 
I will be concentrating on this piece instead of doing my usual screaming rotation because this is an intended 50th anniversary gift for some friends and the big party is in the middle of August.  I will need lots of encouragement to stick to the piece and get it finished!  



No comments: