Saturday, September 03, 2011

Ta Da!



Here the EMS Rose Sampler all finished! (for the second time!) The first time it was done on 32 count antique white lugana over 2 fabric threads with 2 strands of DMC Variations thread. It was lovely, but too big! I really didn't have anywhere to hang it, so I gave it away to someone who really loves it, and decided to re-stitch it for myself. I felt so called to stitch this because it reminds me of an emboidered cloth that hung in my Grandparents' kitchen. It had the same scalloped edge and the same cabbage roses.

This time I stitching it on 25 count antique white lugana over one fabric thread with the same DMC Variations, but just used one thread. I love how it turned out!

I don't quite know how I will frame it, I may just wait until next May when Welcome Stitchery has their framing sale. But for now I am happy that the stitching is finished! This is one of those cases that there was much joy in the journey, the end result really isn't as important as the journey.

4 comments:

CalamityJr said...

What patience you must have, to stitch it over one. But it's beautiful; I especially like the way the upper portion with the roses looks like a lace overlay. I actually see the extra dimension there!

Deborah said...

Beautiful finish! Love over one stitching.

Threeundertwo said...

Wow! You are amazing to do the whole thing twice. It's so beautiful! I agree, the journey of creating is the fun part.

Barb said...

It's stunning. Great job on it.i