Tuesday, July 06, 2010

New (to me) Designer!



One of the designers that was participating in the shopping boutique at the Sue Hillis Stitch-In was Catherine Jordan. Her work is very unique and I fell in love with the maps that she had displayed. Texas and Illinois! I had to have them.

The Texas chart came only as kit, complete with fabric paints that I will have to mix to get the right colors.....intimidating to be sure!

However, help is on the way! Catherine will be teaching in Madison Wisconsin in August! Marguerite and I will be heading up to hear the lecture on fabric painting, and then take the two day class. The class project is a map of the Great Lakes! How perfect! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Patty C. said...

Wow - the map looks very detailed for cross stitch - I bet it will look wonderful