Monday, December 15, 2008

Finishing Frenzy

I started stitching this stocking for Cooper in fall of 2007. It is Stoney Creek's Elliot and the Tree stocking. It is stitched on 28 count antique white Jubilee with mostly DMC floss. I changed the color of the sweater from burgundy to blue, and then had to change the ornaments on the tree and the name and the checked bottom to make it all work.

I had wanted to have it finished for his first Christmas, which was last year, but I had some trouble with my wrist in November and December of 2007 and it was too painful to stitch. I finished the stitching in January of 2008 and have been waiting for the elves to come and "finish" it for me ever since.

Those darn elves never showed up! Since John is leaving for Arizona tomorrow morning, I needed to get this "finished" so he could take it along. This was not an easy task.

First, I haven't "finished" a stocking in three years, so I had to really think hard to remember how it is done. Then, I needed to look for my sewing "pattern". Then I couldn't find the sewing machine foot that I wanted to use. Then I ran out of the right color thread. And I used a type of cording that I have never used before, so it took awhile to figure out how to make it work.

But, it is finally finished! I hope Cooper gets lots of goodies from Santa in his stocking for many years to come.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow! That is really cute, I'm sure Santa will fill it to the top!

KIM said...

It is beautiful! Lol! Sounds like one crazy day but I can assure you that sock will be loved.

Daffycat said...

Sweet stocking and super finishing! You never do see those darn elves when you need them!

Cindy F. said...

~~HAPPY DANCE~~ WOW!! Congrats on your beautiful stocking finish!! I love it!!