Monday, November 06, 2006

Click for Cans......

One of the charities that is close to my heart it the Self Help Closet and Food Pantry of Des Plaines. I promote this worthwhile cause in my community whenever possible.

This is not the only food pantry! There are many in every community. Please consider supporting your local food pantry, not just during the holidays, but all year round. Hunger knows no season.

An easy way to support these projects from your very own computer is available to you every fall, during football season. Click for Cans
By going to this website, and clicking on your city's major league football team, you are adding one can of soup to the greater food depository in your area. These cans will then be distributed to all the various food pantries throughout your community. You can click once a day, from home and from work.

so...get your clicky finger ready and Click for Cans to help feed the hungry.

6 comments:

Viki said...

Fantastic! The Bears are doing really poorly, though, so Chicago fans better get clicking!

Eva said...

I have been Clicking for Cans for about 3 years now, and the Packers always win! But in reality, everyone wins!

Kelly said...

I'm a little bummed that it has to go by professional football teams, cause there aren't any where I live (Iowa) :( I suppose as long as someone benefits, no matter where in the US they are, it's still a good thing.

Barb said...

We have a lot of Packers fans around here, as they are not that much further than the Lions or the Bears. Our church is just starting a food pantry. I wrote about it on my blog so my cans will definitely be going to our church.

TreyJ said...

One game doesn't mean they're doing poorly, schatz...

Viki said...

For T - you didn't actually click on the link, did you? Then you'd understand... :-)