Thursday, November 08, 2018

RIP Dear Friend

 
We met in 1975, when you were a wedding gift from my maternal grandparents, and you came
to live with me.  We have been together ever since.  You were by my side during those late night sewing sessions, when the kids were in bed and I finally had some time to sew.  With your help I made curtains and drapes for two apartments and then two homes.  With your help I made cloths for the children and myself, mended countless pairs of jeans and other article of clothing, made Halloween costumes, costumes for Christmas plays, prom dresses for the girls and prom vests and bow ties for the boys.  You zig zagged thousands of yards of cross stitching fabric.  After 43 years, you have cracked your pattern cam and replacement parts are no longer available.

I don't think any other machine can take your place!  RIP dear friend, you will be missed.

No comments: