Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Crazy January Challenge, Day 1

A number of years ago, there was a group that issued a "Crazy January Challenge" where you started a new piece every day for the first 15 days of January, and then committed to finishing them during the calendar year. I don't know if anyone still does this, but I do!  I mostly plan small pieces and ornaments so that I can be sure and get them done quickly (a huge number of works in progress make me nervous).

On the first day of the challenge, I started and finished this cute little piece by Handblessings Designs, called Peppermint Pine.  It was a gift to us at our ANG holiday party.  It was a quick and enjoyable stitch.  I am not sure how it will be finished yet, I will keep you posted. 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

These are adorable! I am sorry that I haven't been a good friend and commenting and reading. I have had so much going on. But I am back. I just updated my blog!

*-* said...

Eva, I do remember that crazy start from some years ago. It terrified me, so I didn't participate. However, I'm enthused for your diligence & participation for 15 starts for every January since. I think the two small items are great & I too, don't like stitching on Aida. I've changed out the fabric recently, on a large Santa chart.
Kay.

Bekca said...

I would love to do a Crazy January challenge one year, I always forget to plan for it!