Monday, October 24, 2016

Something New from My Kitchen

My favorite appetizer or snack at a German Restaurant is Obatzda, a Bavarian Cheese Spread usually served with Bavarian Pretzels. 

The creator of the original obatzda recipe was Katharina Eisenreich, the innkeeper of the Bräustüberl Weihenstephan from 1920 -1958. She served it to her guests as a light snack to accompany their morning beer and soon the idea spread, with many beer gardens creating their own special recipes.

I have been wanting to try and make my own for a long time, and I finally did it!  And I like it!  I will be serving it to my taste testers soon, I hope they like it too!  I will have to work on my Pretzels, this one is from Marianno's.

1 comment:

Tiffstitch said...

Very cool idea! If you're willing to share tips on pretzels I'd be very interested. The cheese spread will likely not work for me unfortunately, with a cow milk allergy, unless I can sub goat cheese?