Sunday, August 28, 2016

...no stitching for the past few days.....

Why?  Well,  yesterday was John's 70th birthday.  John is my gentleman friend.
  I had the brilliant idea of throwing him a surprise party.....So I planned the guest list and the menu, and then found out he absolutely HATES surprise parties.  I did not want to make him uncomfortable, so we had a frank discussion regarding the celebration of his big 7 -0h.  The compromise was that he would host a party at his house, as an open house, and would supply the beverages and the brats, and I would cater the rest.......





So, off I went, lots of shopping, baking, chopping, slicing, cooking,.... well, you get the picture......I forgot to get a picture of all the different salads and side dishes, but remembered to take a picture of the appetizers and the desserts.  Everything was home made, including his birthday cake, which is his great-great grandmother's recipe.  It is a spice cake with a chocolate butter cream frosting and his absolute favorite dessert in the world. 










He had a great time, and so did all that attended.  Very little food was left over, so I think everyone enjoyed it.

Now I have to clean my kitchen and run the dishwasher about 10 more times.....and then I can stitch....

1 comment:

Tiffstitch said...

I'm so glad it went well! Everything looks fantastic.