Sunday, August 07, 2016
This was not a difficult project to stitch, and rather fun to stitch. That is until the dreaded frog reared his ugly head!
I was researching fabric, and stitching merrily away, and then Sue found out about the tight deadline! I ran out to Welcome Stitchery to get the green gingham checked fabric and was almost finished with the long piece when I noticed I missed a stitch in the middle, and it threw the entire rest of the piece off by two threads.....would have been fine if it was for me...but since it was being photographed for the cover of a leaflet, it had to be correct!
I stayed up all night to get it finished and started on the smaller piece, but once I got to the backstitched letters, I didn't like the way they looked! I had to try a few different flosses before I finally was satisfied. I got it shipped off to Sue Hillis on time and she had it a full day before the deadline! Yay me!