Sunday, August 07, 2016

Model Stitching

 I can finally show you what I have been working on!  These are models for Sue Hillis Designs, and now that Sue has posted the design on her Facebook page, I can show you!

This was not a difficult project to stitch, and rather fun to stitch.  That is until the dreaded frog reared his ugly head! 

I was researching fabric, and  stitching merrily away, and then Sue found out about the tight deadline!  I ran out to Welcome Stitchery to get the green gingham checked fabric and was almost finished with the long piece when I noticed I missed a stitch in the middle, and it threw the entire rest of the piece off by two threads.....would have been fine if it was for me...but since it was being photographed for the cover of a leaflet, it had to be correct! 




I stayed up all night to get it finished and started on the smaller piece, but once I got to the backstitched letters, I didn't like the way they looked!  I had to try a few different flosses before I finally was satisfied.  I got it shipped off to Sue Hillis on time and she had it a full day before the deadline!  Yay me!

2 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

That is awesome! I wondered if that was what you were working on when I saw the post on her FB page. Excellent finish and in the nick of time too. :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Yay, you! It looks super cute!