Monday, August 24, 2015

IHSW Results

Hello blogging buddies.  I bet you expected to see a picture of what I stitched this weekend.....well, I have nothing to show you.  I spent a lot of time stitching, and a lot of time ripping out said stitches, so I've got nothing, nada, zip!

I had decided to do a 4-seasons leaf piece over one on 25 count, and had ordered a lovely piece of hand dyed fabric especially for this piece, but as I was about to start I realized there were lots of blended threads.  No problem, I thought, I will just use two strands.....well, after quite a bit of stitching, I realized I didn't like how it looked so I pulled it all back out again.  On Sunday, I thought to myself, since the two strands looked to bulky, I will just do a tent stitch instead of a full cross, and stitched merrily away for most of the day, but......again I didn't like how it looked, so I pulled it all out again.  At the end of the weekend, I was left with a blank piece of fabric and a massive headache.  I ordered more of the same hand dyed color in 32 count and 28 count, and will start over on one of those when it comes.......hope your weekend was better than mine.

2 comments:

Tiffany Pincombe said...

:( That really stinks. I hope you enjoy the 28 or 32 count more and can stitch over 2 easily.

Karen said...

Ouch! It often seems like it takes at least as long to pull out stitches as it does to stitch it in the first place. I hope you will be able to start again, and enjoy it this time.