Monday, February 03, 2014

Happy 85th Birthday, Mom!


Today is my mother's 85th birthday!  Yesterday we celebrated at her favorite restaurant, Himmel's European Bistro.  We had a great time, and a wonderful meal.  I baked the cake.  When ever my mother baked a birthday cake, it was a nut torte with Parisian Cream Frosting.  I found her recipe for the frosting, but not the cake, so I found a similar one.  It turned out well, but I am still on the hunt for her recipie.  She can't remember it, nor can she remember where she put it, but my Dad is going to look through her recipies for me.

2 comments:

KIM said...

Happy 85th Birthday!
Your mom looks wonderful Eva and I'm glad you had a wonderful celebration.
May she be blessed and celebrate many more.

BarbH said...

Please pass along our birthday wishes to your Mom. B & D