Friday, January 08, 2010

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas...


I know, I am a little behind here, but did want to finish up the twelfth day....

I received the chart on the left from my brother and sister-in-law. I believe the purchased the chart on their trip through Barcelona Spain last summer, as the chart is in Spanish. It is a lovely winter scene, and X's are X's in any language, so I look forward to stitching it!

The kit on the right is the Museum Celle kit from Permin that was given to me by Kim. It is lovely, and I look forward to stitching this on also. I do plan on substituting evenweave for the aida in the kit, though.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Your sister-in-law here - we purchased the cross-stitch pattern in Andorra, a small country between France & Spain. The Spanish is probably Catalan Spanish as that is spoken in Andorra. While traveling our friend spoke Spanish but couldn't translate the Catalan. It was very interesting to hear the differences.

Eva said...

Thank you Amy, now that I know exactly where it is from, I will cherish it even more!

Markus said...

Now that Christmas is over maybe your grandson will get his birth sampler and his stocking in time for next christmas.

KIM said...

Leave it to Markus to give you a gentle reminder--LMAO! He forgot the FIRST before grandson!

Markus said...

Great point Kim