Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Stitching get-a-way

Last Friday morning I took off for Princeton Illinois, for a weekend of stitching with friends. The destination was an appartment on the second floor of the Quilter's Garden, a darling quilt shop in Princeton, Illinois. It is set up for quilting and for stitching and accomodates 8 for sleeping, and a few more for stitching.


Every one of the beds has a lovely quilt on it, and other quilts decorate the space. The shop itself has a lovely selection of fabrics, and quilt patterns as well as yarns and knitting patterns.



Even though I don't quilt, I couldn't resist some lovely fall fabrics. Never know when you might need them.










The space was ideal for stitching, lots of natural light and room to spread out. This first picture shows (from the left) Andi, Debi, Carol, and Jan. The second picture shows Judy, Di and another Carol.




We stitched a lot! Many of us were assigned a meal to prepare, and we ate very well. Andi is collecting all the recipes from this past weekends as well as other Princeton weekends for a cookbook. I can't wait to get some of the yummy new recipes.




I managed to get the models stitched for the cruise project, and then got them shipped off to Sue so that they could be finished and photographed.





A few doors down from the quilt shop was a wonderful store that carried lots of china from discontinued patterns. Since I needed a serving bowl for my casual china to replace the one that was cracked, I thought this shop was worth a visit. Replacements.com carries the bowl also, but I thought I would save on shipping. I was right, they had the bowl I wanted, and I was able to pick up 2 au gratin dishes for extra serving pieces.

1 comment:

KIM said...

Ok...now I'm jealous. Lol! Looks like everyone had a great time and I love your fat quarters.