Thursday, June 11, 2009

One More Tulsa OK Report


When I was stash shopping in Tulsa, first at the Silver Needle and then at Stitchworks, I was really hoping to purchase the Needlepoint Silks for Shores of Hawks Run Hollow. Both shops suggested I try a needlepoint shop in the area; Stitches.



Thanks goodness for my trusty GPS, Gabbie! She got me there without much trouble at all. When I walked into the shop I was in fibre heaven! Every kind of fibre you can imagine, except......you guessed it! No Needlepoint Silks!

The shop was actually half knitting and half needlepoint. I found the ladies working there very helpful and knowledgeable. They looked up a chart for me on the Internet so that I could make a list of the fibres needed, and I was then able to purchase the canvas and most of the fibres without a problem.

There were out of a few of the needed fibres but I managed to make another stop at both the Silver Needle and Stitchworks and both From Nancy's Needle charts are now all kitted up.

While in Tulsa, I was also on a secret mission that involved a quick trip to Russell Stovers......but I can't tell you why!

2 comments:

CJ in OK ;-) said...

I agree this place is great and very helpful. Recommended it all the time since we have no needlepoint shop in OKC, sorry you didn't find yours NPIs. CJ ok;-)

Cindy F. said...

Stitcher's paradise!! I know you enjoyed both shops and how nice for the help they gave! Sorry you didn't get your floss, but looks like you did get some beauties!!