Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Another Update


Here is Rocky Mountain Christmas at 100 hours. I stitched 1321 stitches this session and have done 12,521 total stitches to date.

To answer a few questions that have come up. When doing a project of this size, I start by gridding the fabric. By running a thread every 10 stitches (20 threads because I am stitching over 2) vertically and horizontaly, I end up with 10 x 10 stitch squares that correspond to the the darker lines on the chart. Each 10 x 10 square is 100 stitches. It helps me make sure my thread count isn't off between stitches if I skip around.

As I stitch, I mark off the stitches on the chart with a yellow highlighter. At the end of each 10 hour session, I count how many stitches are highlighted total, subtract what was done before, and end up with a stitch count for that rotation. Counting is easy as a completed 10 x 10 square is 100 stitches.

Clear as mud?

1 comment:

Finlands finest said...

That is sooo cool! I could never do some of that. WOW!