Monday, December 04, 2006

Winter Seasonal Exchange

In my last post, I showed you a picture of the piece I stitched for the above mentioned exchange. To explain further, the exchange was for a seasonal (winter) band sampler and there were four of us in the exchange. It worked like this: A sent to B, B sent to C, C sent to D, and D sent to A, so everyone was surprised by who their piece was coming from and what the piece was. I have done a bunch of this type of exchange, usually involving lots more people, and the stitched pieces were always wonderful and no two were ever alike.

That is until now. Imagine my surprise, when I opened my exchange package last Friday to find the same piece I had sent! At first I thought it had been returned to me and I was cunfused, but when I looked more closely, it was a little bit different. I was stunned! and I laughed! I don't think this has ever happened. Clare obviously has excellent taste!

3 comments:

TreyJ said...

Now that's funny! Out of all the pieces out there, you got the same one back.

I bet it's interesting to note the little differences since it was done by a different stitcher.

Viki said...

Great minds think alike. :-)

Laura said...

Eva - I would have sent you an e-mail, but I don't seem to have yours... Maddy is trying to do some cross stitch. She picked out an Early American sampler while we were at Washington's Crossing. (Which for those of you that enjoy history, it took them 11 hours to cross the Delaware!) Anyhow, it is too difficult for her to keep the stitches even and together. Is there some kind of material we can get that has the "x" imprinted so she can figure out how to space the stitches?