Friday, February 28, 2020

A Gift

John, my gentleman friend, recently returned from the Holy Land and Egypt.

He has traveled before, but never brought me a gift.  And I didn't expect one.  But this time he did!  He has also never given me jewelry before.

The necklace is an olive tree.  He found a local artesian that was highly recommended, and picked this one because it was patterned after a specific tree in the garden of Gethsemane, and he saw the tree.

The bracelet is Garnet and he got it in a Bedouin village from another local craftsman.

He seemed really excited to give it to me.  I don't know if this a new development in our relationship or if he is just being his nerdy little self.  Either way, I won't look a gift John in the mouth, I said thank you and will wear them often!  

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Beautiful!
Love the tree.
Marilyn

Donna said...

What thoughtful gifts. He must think very highly of you. I love the tree!!
Dinna