Saturday, May 25, 2019

Instant Pot Cheesecake Sucess!

I have been reading up on Instant Pots and since I don't have a working oven in the kitchen yet, I
though this might be useful to me.  I did a bunch of research and then found the one I wanted on a neighborhood garage sale site.  It was in new condition and the price was right, so I brought it home and looked at it for a few weeks.  I finally got up the nerve to hard boil some eggs in it.  And I didn't blow up the house, so I tried a few more things.  I made Macaroni and Cheese (Owen, mac and cheese expert like it!) I cooked potatoes for potato salad, and I made pork chops and I made cube steaks, everything has turned out very well.



 I also saw that people were making cheesecakes in their instant pots.....so of course I had to try it.  You need a 7" springform pan.  I already own at least 2 of every size spring form pan they make, except....you guessed it, no 7"!  Amazon helped me rectify that, because I couldn't find that size in any store.











After looking at various cheesecake recipes, I decided to try the Blueberry cheesecake recipe because blueberries were on sale at Aldi.  So here it is!  A Blueberry Cheesecake "baked" in the Instant Pot!  It turned out great!  My taste testers loved it!  There will be more cheesecakes that will come out of this pot in the future.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

It looks delicious!
Sounds like you are having fun trying out your Instant Pot.
Marilyn