Monday, April 23, 2012

A Productive Weekend

I am happy to report that my first International Hermit and Stitch Weekend was a great success! 

Starting at 6 pm Friday evening and ending at midnight on Sunday evening, I stitched!  I did have to teach my German Class on Saturday, so Saturday's Stitching didn't begin until 3 pm.

What a productive weekend!  I decided that a new start was in order, one that had been all kitted up for quite some time.  This is Little House Needleworks' From Sea to Shining Sea, done on 32 count raw linen, with one strand of silk from Cresent Colours.  I managed to get half of the border done, I completed the first square and made good progress on the 2nd square. 

It was nice to have peace and quiet and very few interuptions.  Can't wait to do this again, when is the next one?

6 comments:

geeky Heather said...

It looks beautiful! I love the colors. I'm afraid my hermitting was a miserable failure. Oh, well, there's always next month, right??

demeter83 said...

Awww, what a lovely new start, and congrats on a very productive first IHSW

Daffycat said...

My hermitage was awesome but I'm in shock over how much you got finished! Wow! Looks awesome, Eva!

nancy huggins said...

Looks great Eva..I do not have the patience to do any kind of stitching. I admire people that can do that

Bea said...

Wow, you accomplished a lot. And a lovely pattern to boot. My IHSW was not so successful this month, but there's always next time.

Joysze said...

Hi Eva!! :) So nice to meet you. My goodness!!! You had a fabulous stitching weekend!!! I can't believe it's a new start!! :D