Tuesday, March 18, 2008

12 month Sampler

This year I will be stitching the 2008 Rose Sampler by Ellen Maurer-Stroh. Starting last January, Ellen is releasing 1 part each month until all 12 are released. Ellen is known for her very realistic floral design. This piece appeals to me because the roses and vines remind me of the embroidered pieces that my Oma made and had hanging in her kitchen when I was very young. The design is mostly monochromatic and lends itself beautifully to varigated fibres. I have chosen to use one of the new DMC Variations, which is DMC's answer to overdyed fibres, but unlike other overdyeds, these are colorfast and can be washed. I am stitching on 32 count antique white Jobelyn fabric.


Here is part one.










Here is part 2:
















Today I finished part 3







Here are all three parts together. The top 1/4 of the sampler is now finished.



http://www.maurer-stroh.com/project2008.html Ellen's web site shows the finished project, and also includes a gallery where stitchers have posted their progress. It is interesting to see the different colors that have been chosen for this project. Check back for future updates on this project.



Now that I am all caught up, I will be stitching a new part each month as it is released.

No comments: